RIADH, (BM) – Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud called on world leaders and the public on Thursday to take a “decisive stance” on Iran’s efforts to develop nuclear weapons and missile programs, Saudi SPA reported, learned BulgarianMilitary.com.
“The Kingdom stresses the danger of Iran’s regional project, its interference in the affairs of other countries, the promotion of terrorism, fueling the flames of sectarianism, and calls on the international community to take a decisive position towards Iran, guaranteeing a decisive end to its efforts to obtain weapons of mass destruction and the development of its ballistic missile program,” said the king at a meeting of the country’s Advisory Council.
This was the monarch’s first public appearance since his September speech at the UN General Assembly via video link, where he also criticized Tehran. Saudi Arabia and Iran have been fighting for years for influence in the region, supporting warring parties in conflicts from Syria to Yemen.
So far, there has been no reaction from Iran to the king’s statements.
Iran has lifted a number of restrictions on its nuclear program under the Joint Comprehensive Action Plan, which the Six signed in 2015, in response to the US withdrawal from the agreement in 2018 and its restoration of the sanctions regime against the Islamic Republic.
Iranian origin missiles were used to attack the Saudi refineries last year
The cruise missiles used to attack Saudi Aramco’s Saudi oil refineries turned out to be of Iranian origin. This is evidenced by the report of the UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres, as we reported in June this year.
The new analysis used fragments of missiles used in attacks on the Saudi airport of Abha, the Afive facilities and on the Abkaik and Khurais deposits. “The Secretariat believes that the cruise missiles and / or parts thereof used in the four attacks were of Iranian origin,” the UN report says.
It is noted that such conclusions were made based on the design of the shells and drones themselves, as well as inscriptions in Farsi.
The fire in the territory of the plant of the national oil company of Saudi Arabia Saudi Aramco occurred on September 14, 2019. According to official information, the fire began as a result of an attack by unmanned aerial vehicles. The responsibility for the attack was claimed by the Hussite Yemeni rebels. Riyadh himself has already claimed evidence of Iran’s guilt in the incident. However, no facts have been confirmed in the end.
Read more: Drone Attacks on Two Saudi Arabian Factories
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Subscribe to Google News