YEREVAN, (BM) – Armenia and Azerbaijan continue to exchange blows on military positions in Nagorno-Karabakh, and there was no ceasefire even at night, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing several local sources.
According to the latest information, the Armenian military has carried out two powerful attacks on Azerbaijani positions. The video shows a large-scale artillery and air attack by the Armenian forces, which actually destroyed both the Azerbaijani armored vehicles and the military contact lines in the Republic of Karabakh.
At the same time, local sources provided information that last night the Armenian military did not stop the attacks and hit a group of armored vehicles of the Azerbaijani army, again on the front line of contact. Evidence of this were the powerful explosions carried out by the Armenian military. Sources claim that the destroyed armored vehicles were carrying ammunition and weapons.
For its part, the Azerbaijani army has published new videos with the precise use of attacking drones, which continue to harass the Armenian army and especially the ground tank units. One of the videos in the Azerbaijani media shows how a drone managed to destroy two Armenian tanks with one missile.
As we reported yesterday [September 29 – ed.] several sources said that the Azerbaijani Air Force uses the drones they bought from Turkey months ago quite skillfully, and thanks to them, the 3rd Martuni Motorized Rifle Regiment of the Armenian Army has been completely destroyed. Including the Azeris and their drones managed to destroy additional anti-aircraft missile equipment, catpo and armored vehicles and tanks.
Information about the destruction of the 3rd Motorized Rifle Regiment comes directly from the Ministry of Defense of Armenia, according to Russian journalists from Interfax. The head of the press service of the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense Vagif Dargahli was quoted in the spread message by the Russian media.
“As a result of the attacks of the Azerbaijani army, the third Martuni motorized rifle regiment of the Armenian armed forces, located in the occupied Khojavend region, was destroyed,” said Vagif Dargahli.
The spokesman called on all people to be involved in the transportation of wounded and injured civilians, soldiers and children. All this confirms the information from the last 36 hours that the two countries in the conflict, Armenia and Azerbaijan, have seriously involved their military power in resolving a conflict that could turn from a regional to a continental one at any moment.
The world looks forward to the reaction of the two major indirectly involved forces in the conflict, Russia and Turkey, as well as political co-operation between France and the United States in a ceasefire. So far, there are no positive prospects for the fighting to end. This is evidenced by the opinion expressed by a number of Armenian politicians and the military that Yerevan may ask Russia and the members of the Collective Security Treaty Organization to activate Article 4 of the agreement, which will also involve the members in the defense of Armenia.
The situation in Nagorno-Karabakh escalated on September 27, active clashes are taking place in the disputed territory. Martial law was introduced in Azerbaijan and Armenia, and mobilization was announced. Both sides reported killed and wounded, including civilians. In Baku, they announced the control of several Karabakh villages and strategic heights. Yerevan also reports about the shelling of the territory of Armenia.
Azerbaijan and Armenia have been in conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh since February 1988, when the Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Region announced its withdrawal from the Azerbaijan SSR.
During the armed conflict in 1992-1994, the Azerbaijani side lost control of Nagorno-Karabakh and the seven areas adjacent to it. Since 1992, negotiations have been conducted within the framework of the OSCE Minsk Group on a peaceful settlement of the conflict. The group is led by co-chairs – Russia, USA and France.
In 1994, Azerbaijan, Armenia and the unrecognized Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, through the mediation of Russia, signed the Bishkek Armistice Protocol. At the same time, military operations did not stop there, which periodically renewed.
The most significant exacerbation of the conflict was the four-day war of 2016. Then hundreds of soldiers on both sides became victims.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, during a meeting with the President of Azerbaijan last year, called for a rhetoric that would go against the fundamental principles endorsed by both sides and enshrined in the UN Charter and the Helsinki Final Act when resolving the situation around Nagorno-Karabakh.
At the same time, the head of the Russian Foreign Ministry admitted that much more needs to be done to achieve a long-term political settlement.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Subscribe to Google News