DAMASCUS, (BM) – The next attack on the Russian military with a car bomb led to the loss of Russian armored vehicles and injured at least three Russian troops, learned BulgarianMilitary.com.
The incident occurred at the time of the next joint Russian-Turkish patrol of Idlib province, while a video camera recorded what happened.
In the presented video frames, you can see how two head vehicles with the Turkish military freely pass the congress, however, as soon as a Russian armored car appears in this area, a powerful explosion occurs – according to analysts, we are talking about power equivalent to 80-100 kilograms of TNT.
At least three seriously injured Russian servicemen are reported (the Russian Ministry of Defense has not yet confirmed this information – approx. Ed.).
The attack on the Russian-Turkish military patrol occurred in the area of the city of Arikh, and, obviously, this attack by pro-Turkish terrorists will force Russia to abandon further compliance with the agreements on creating a de-escalation zone in Idlib.
Information on the number of injured among local residents is not disclosed, however, given the fact that the explosion occurred in urban areas, the number of such can be in the tens.
The attack is clearly a response to yesterday’s Russian attacks
As we reported yesterday [July 13 – ed.] the Russian military aircraft carried out air strikes on the Turkish Islamists who attacked the Russian air force base in Syria.
The night attack on the military airfield of the Russian Aerospace Forces in Syria, Khmeimim, forced Russia to give a harsh answer to the militants.
According to sources, combat aircraft were raised from the air base of the Russian Air Force, which struck a jihadist position area, from where an attack was carried out using unmanned aerial vehicles.
The strike of the Russian air forces, also, obviously, was a response to the actions of the militants who attacked the positions of the Syrian army a day earlier. According to sources, and this information has not yet been confirmed by the Russian military command, 2 fighter jets that successfully attacked the positions of the Islamists were raised from the Khmeimim air base.
As a result of airstrikes, weapons depots, temporary fortifications of militants, and, presumably, the headquarters of Turkish jihadists were destroyed.
A day earlier, the Syrian forces also conducted an attack, the positions of which had previously been attacked by militant groups of about 250 people, as a result of which, in just 24 hours, the illegal Syrian military formations suffered very significant losses.
Given this information, experts pay attention to the fact that the situation in the Arab Republic is gradually deteriorating again, the reason for which is the failure of the Turkish side to fulfill its obligations.
Drones launched by rebels attacked Russian Khmeimim air base in Syria
As we reported on July 12 for the second time in the last 40 days, the jihadist rebels have attempted to attack the largest Russian airbase in Syria.
According to a field report from the city of Jableh, the jihadist rebels fired several missile drones that took off from the Latakia-Idlib axis this evening.
he report said the joint Russian-Syrian air defenses were able to intercept all of the jihadist missiles before they could the Khmeimim air base and coastal city of Jableh in the Latakia Governorate.
A source from the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) said the jihadist drones were also destroyed during the attack. The Russian and Syrian armed forces have yet to respond to this latest attack by the jihadist rebels; however, they typically launch retaliatory strikes the following day.
The jihadist rebels have launched sporadic attacks throughout the year on the Hmeimim Airbase, much to the dismay of the Russian Armed Forces, who have monitored a fragile ceasefire with their Turkish counterparts in northwestern Syria.
Despite Turkey’s assurances about dismantling these jihadist groups, they have failed to expel these militants from several areas across northwestern Syria.
War in Syria
In February, Turkey lost at least 62 troops killed in Syria, nearly 100 soldiers were wounded, dozens of Turkish armored vehicles were destroyed and more than ten drones, including drone, were shot down. Washington has repeatedly accused Moscow of involvement in the deaths of Turkish soldiers, Russia rejects these allegations.
In early March, the presidents of Russia and Turkey, Vladimir Putin and Recep Tayyip Erdogan, concluded an agreement according to which a ceasefire came into force in the Idlib de-escalation zone.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad later said that if the US and Turkish military did not leave the country, Damascus would be able to use force.
The reason for the Russian-Turkish negotiations was a sharp aggravation of the situation in Idlib, where in January a large-scale offensive by the Syrian army against the positions of the armed opposition and terrorists began.
Government forces recaptured nearly half of the Idlib de-escalation zone and left behind a number of Turkish observation posts. After that, Ankara sharply increased its military contingent in the region and launched the operation “Spring Shield” to push the Syrian troops. Turkey is also supported by militants loyal to it.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Subscribe to Google News