PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on April 27 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
Syria fires anti-aircraft missiles after reported Israeli strikes near Damascus
Syria accused Israel of carrying out airstrikes near Damascus just before dawn on Monday, saying that its air defense units had “confronted the Israeli aggression”.
Syrian state media SANA said Israeli jets had fired several missiles from Lebanese airspace and these had been intercepted. There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
Syria media regularly claims alleged Israeli strikes fail to hit their targets, though those assertions are questionable.
There was no immediate comment from Israel.
Though Israeli officials generally refrain from taking responsibility for specific strikes in Syria, they have acknowledged conducting hundreds to thousands of raids in the country since the start of the Syrian civil war in 2011.
These have overwhelmingly been directed against Iran and its proxies, notably the Lebanese-based Hezbollah terror group, but the IDF has also carried out strikes on Syrian air defenses when those batteries have fired at Israeli jets.
Last week Syria accused Israel of hitting targets near Homs.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based war monitor, said the targets were “military posts for Iranian militias in the Palmyra desert.”
Jerusalem says Iran’s presence in Syria, where it is fighting in support of President Bashar Assad, is a threat, as Tehran seeks to establish a permanent foothold along Israel’s northern borders.
Libya: Haftar forces continue shelling Libyan civilians
Pro-renegade Gen. Khalifa Haftar militias continues to attack civilian settlements in southern Tripoli, the internationally recognized Government of National Accord (GNA) said Sunday, Anadolu reports.
Four Nigerian workers were injured in the attack against civilians in the capital, Tripoli, the GNA-led Burkan Al-Ghadab (Volcano of Rage) Operation said on social media.
As part of measures against the novel coronavirus, a cease-fire took effect March 21 but Haftar’s militias have continued attacks on the capital.
Libya has reported two deaths from the virus, 60 cases and 15 recoveries. The country recorded its first case March 24.
The GNA has been under attack by Haftar’s forces since last April, with more than 1,000 killed in the violence.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Subscribe to Google News
Sources: TTI, MEMO,