PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on February 25 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
Russia to conduct observation flight over Turkey this week
Russian inspectors will perform an observation flight over Turkey in the framework of the Open Skies Treaty, Head of the Russian Defense Ministry’s National Nuclear Risk Reduction Center Sergey Ryzhkov said.
“The observation flight over the territory of Turkey will be performed on February 25-28, 2020 from the Open Skies airfield of Eskisehir. The maximum flight range will be 1,900 km,” Ryzhkov said.
The flight will be carried out by the Russian surveillance plane Tu-154M-LK-1.
The aircraft will be strictly following the route earlier approved by Turkey and Turkish specialists onboard the plane will be controlling the use of the surveillance equipment and observation of the Treaty provisions, the military official stated.
“Flights under the treaty are performed in order to ensure more transparency in military activity of the member-states and enhance security through confidence building measures,” he noted.
Libya: UAE sent 100 arms shipments to Haftar
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has dispatched some 100 shipments of weapons to renegade Libyan commander Khalifa Haftar since last month, the internationally recognized government said Monday, Anadolu reports.
In a statement, the media center of the government’s “Operation Volcano of Rage” said 100 flights have transferred almost 6,200 tons of weapons from the UAE to Haftar since Jan. 12.
The planes carrying the weapons took off from Suweihan Air Base in the UAE and Assab airbase in Eritrea, the statement said.
Arms shipments to Libya violate UN Security Council resolution 1970, which bans weapon exports to the war-torn country.
A 2017 UN report has accused the UAE of exporting weapons to Haftar, whose forces have launched a military offensive in April to capture the capital Tripoli from the internationally recognized government.
Rocket fire continues after Islamic Jihad announces unilateral ceasefire
Incoming rocket sirens continued to wail after Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) announced it would stop firing rockets toward Israel on Monday evening.
More than 50 rockets were fired by PIJ on Monday during several barrages from the Gaza Strip toward southern Israel in a second day of violence with the Iranian-backed terrorist group.
“Al-Quds Brigades [Islamic Jihad’s military wing] announces that it has finished its military response to the assassination crimes in Khan Yunis and Damascus,” PIJ said in a statement. “It promises our people and nation that it will continue its struggle and that it will respond to any continued [aggression] by the occupation against our people and land.”
Nevertheless, an Israeli security official said Jerusalem has received “messages from various ranks within the PIJ regarding a desire for an immediate ceasefire,” but Israel was skeptical of the claims and only would believe actions on the ground rather than words.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Subscribe to Google News
Source: TASS, MEMO, TJP