PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on January 31 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
Palestinians attacked the Israeli Nuclear Research Center in Dimona.
The radical Hamas group attempted to undermine the Israeli Nuclear Research Center in Dimona, Avia.pro reports.
The attack was carried out using balloons carrying explosives, while, according to several sources, the balloon successfully flew 70 kilometers, was never seen by air defense systems, and fell on the territory of the city of Dimona, thereby nearly undermining the center where Israel carries out the development of nuclear weapons.
It is known that the object stuffed with explosives could not detonate – the military specialists who discovered it were able to neutralize the dangerous object, however, as experts say, under other conditions, the Hamas group could well cause serious damage to the nuclear research center.
IDF strikes Hamas posts in response to explosive balloons and sniper fire
The Israeli military struck several Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip on Thursday in response to the launches of multiple explosive balloons towards southern Israel and sniper fire against an IDF observation post earlier in the day.
It was the second day in a row of violence following the release of US President Donald Trump’s “Deal of the Century” peace plan.
According to Palestinian WAFA news agency reported that an Israeli drone launched two missiles in the neighborhood of Nahda in Rafiah in the southern Gaza Strip as well as near the Gaza International Airport as well as near the Kerem Shalom crossing.
No Palestinian was reported to have been injured.
Multiple explosive balloons were spotted throughout southern Israel, including in the city of Dimona, located over 70km from the Gaza Strip, as well as Kiryat Gat. At least two explosive balloons exploded in the air near a town in the Hof Ashkelon Regional Council as well as in the college town of Sderot earlier in the day.
Turkey, France engage in war of words over Libya
Turkey has blamed France for instability in Libya after French President Emmanuel Macron accused his Turkish counterpart of failing “to keep his word” to put an end to meddling in the North African country.
“The main [actor] responsible for the problems in Libya since the crisis started in 2011 is France,” Turkish foreign ministry spokesman Hami Aksoy said in a statement on Wednesday.
“It’s no secret that this country has given unconditional support to Haftar in order to have a say regarding natural resources in Libya,” he added, referring to renegade military commander Khalifa Haftar who controls much of Libya’s south and east.
The French leader claimed earlier on Wednesday at a meeting with Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis that Turkish warships accompanying Syrian mercenaries arrived in Libya in recent days.
Macron said the action was a “clear violation” of what Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan promised at the Berlin conference on January 19 where world leaders pledged to stay out of the Libyan conflict.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Source: Avia.pro, TJP, Al Jazeera