PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on January 18 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
Terrorists reported the destruction of the Syrian headquarters with Russian officers
The militants of the Syrian National Front for Liberation destroyed the headquarters of the Syrian government forces and announced the death of four Russian officers, according the statement of the Syrian National Front for Liberation.
Information on this subject is only partially confirmed, however, no official comments have yet been received by representatives of the Ministry of Defense of the russian Federation.
The missile launched from the ATGM does cause significant damage to the building, which is positioned as the headquarters of the Syrian government forces, but this information cannot fully confirm the information provided by the militants.
Given the fact that the militants were often convicted of distorting data about their attacks, the information may well be inaccurate, however, in addition to the source of the terrorists, the data on this subject are also confirmed by other sources.
UN: Syria truce fails as Idlib civilians killed daily
United Nations human rights chief Michelle Bachelet called on Friday for an immediate cessation of hostilities in Syria’s opposition-held Idlib province, saying the latest ceasefire attempt had yet again failed to protect civilians, Reuters reports.
Turkey, which for years has backed Syrian rebels fighting to oust President Bashar al-Assad, agreed a truce with Russia that was supposed to have taken hold in the bastion of 3 million people in the northwest earlier this month.
But witnesses and insurgent sources said pro-Assad Russian and Syrian jets have been hitting the province in a renewed assault. Moscow denied bombing civilians.
“It is deeply distressing that civilians are still being killed on a daily basis in missile strikes from both the air and ground,” Bachelet said in a statement.
“This agreement – as with others in the past year – has yet again failed to protect civilians.”
Her office received reports that air strikes resumed on Jan. 15, she said. Armed groups had also carried out deadly ground-based attacks.
UK adds entire Hezbollah movement to terror blacklist and freezes its assets
Britain’s finance ministry on Friday said it had added Lebanon’s entire Hezbollah movement to its list of terrorist groups subject to asset freezing.
The ministry previously only targeted the Shiite organization’s military wing but has now listed the whole group after the government designated it a terrorist organization last March.
The change requires any individual or institution in Britain with accounts or financial services connected to Hezbollah to suspend them or face prosecution.
The group had “publicly denied a distinction between its military and political wings,” the Treasury said in a notice posted on its website.
“The group in its entirety is assessed to be concerned in terrorism and was proscribed as a terrorist organization in the UK in March 2019,” it added.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Source: Avia, MEMO, TTI