PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on December 8 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
Syria: Airstrikes by Assad regime, Russian kill 19 civilians in Idlib
Russian and Syrian regime fighter jets on Saturday struck what is supposed to be a cease-fire zone in northwestern Syria, leaving at least 19 civilians dead, according to the opposition aircraft observatory, reports Anadolu Agency.
The observatory said Russian jets struck settlements in villages in Idlib, Syria in the southern Marratinnuman district, while regime forces mounted air and ground attacks on the town of Kafranbil and other local villages.
According to Syrian opposition Civil Defense (White Helmets), Russian jets killed four civilians in the village of Al-Bara and eight in the marketplace in the village of Belyun.
Regime airstrikes also left one civilian dead in the village of Bicgas, five others dead in the village of Bdeite, and one dead in the marketplace in the village of Tel Mennis.
Many civilians were also reported wounded in the airstrikes, and children were among those killed. The wounded civilians were taken to nearby health facilities with the White Helmets’ help.
3 Saudi soldiers killed near Yemen border
Saudi Arabia said Sunday three soldiers were killed along border with war-torn Yemen, reports Anadolu Agency.
The official SPA news agency said the two soldiers “were martyred in defense of religion and homeland” in the southern Jazan region.
Another soldier was killed in the southern Najran province.
Saudi authorities, however, did not give details about the circumstances of the soldiers’ deaths.
Saudi Arabia is leading a coalition of Sunni countries, which have launched a massive air campaign in 2015 against Houthi rebels, who overran much of the country, including capital Sanaa, a year earlier.
Since then, tens of thousands of Yemenis are believed to have been killed in the conflict, while another 14 million are at risk of starvation, according to the UN.
Turkey condemns deadly terrorist attack in Kenya
Turkey on Sunday condemned the deadly terrorist attack in Kenya, leaving several people dead.
“We received the news with great sorrow that at least 10 people, including police officers, lost their lives in a terrorist attack which targeted a bus in transit in Mandera county of Kenya,” the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
Ankara “strongly condemned the heinous terrorist attack,” the statement said, extending Turkey’s condolences to the families of victims and the Kenya government.
According to local authorities, al-Shabaab militants affiliated to the Somali-based al-Qaeda is suspected for the attack.
The militants attacked the 50-passenger bus headed from the Kenyan capital to Wajir County, killing only non-Muslims. Wajir in northern Kenya is predominantly inhabited by Muslims.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Source: MEMO, Yeni Safak