PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on November 8 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
UAE suspected of killing 50 in air strike on Libya migrant detention centre
A UN report has found that a foreign air force was behind an air strike on a Libyan migrant detention centre which killed over 50 people, with strong suspicion pointing towards the UAE.
The findings by the UN’s Security Council group of experts concluded that the rocket attack on 2 July on the Tajoura holding centre in Tripoli, killing at least 53 and wounding 130, was likely carried out by a Mirage 2000-9 fighter jet, representing one of the worst single atrocities of the Libyan civil war and a potential war crime.
Although the so-called Libyan National Army (LNA), headed by General Khalifa Haftar does not possess such an aircraft, they are used by the air forces of Haftar’s main backers, Egypt and the UAE.
The report does not name any nation directly responsible, former British Ambassador to Libya, Peter Millett told the Guardian, “The only two countries with capacity and motive to mount the strike were the UAE and Egypt.”
Iran cancels UN nuclear inspector visit
Iran has today cancelled the accreditation and visit of a UN nuclear inspector, following the recent revival of its uranium enrichment program.
The nuclear inspector working for the UN had her visit to the country’s Natanz uranium enrichment plant revoked after she reportedly triggered an alarm at its entrance last week. According to the Iranian Atomic Energy Organisation (IAEO), the fact that she “triggered an alarm” raised concern that she was possibly carrying a “suspect product” on her, prompting today’s visit to be cancelled.
Following the incident, the IAEO said that it reported it to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and informed it that the inspector’s accreditation had been withdrawn, causing her to leave the country for Vienna where the organisation is based.
Europe builds new ‘Berlin walls’ against migrants
As Europe celebrates the 30th anniversary of the fall of Berlin Wall later this week, the continent has built new walls and barbed wires against migrant flows.
The new “Berlin walls” demonstrate restrictions and divisiveness have triumphed above freedom in Europe.
According to data compiled by Anadolu Agency, there are currently around 20 walls or barbed wires on the borders of European countries.
There has been a significant rise in walls and barbed wires after the 2015 refugees crisis.
The walls and barbed wires built in Europe after the fall of Berlin wall in 1989 has surpassed 1,000 kilometers (621 miles), according to the Netherlands-based Transnational Institute.
This number is six times larger than the length of the Berlin Wall, the study said.
Research said tight border controls and patrolling ships in the seas have also formed “invisible walls” against migrants and created an atmosphere of fear, inflamed xenophobia and formed a dangerous world for migrants.
More than 39,000 irregular migrants and refugees have reached Europe by sea since the beginning of 2019. As many as 840 died at sea, according to the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
At least 30,500 migrants died between 2014 and 2018 while making the treacherous journey to Europe, the IOM said.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Source: MEMO, Anadolu