PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on September 17 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
Houthis threaten to renew attacks on Aramco in Saudi Arabia
Houthi military spokesperson Yahya Saree has warned foreigners not enter Saudi Aramco facilities that were attacked by Houthi group on Saturday, saying that they may target them again.
Saree said, Monday, that the attacks on Aramco were carried out by aircraft operating with different engines. He called on Saudi Arabia to reconsider its policies and stop its aggression and siege on Yemen.
Oil prices in global markets have risen by more than 10%, bringing the price of Brent to $67 per barrel.
Trump says he does not want war after attack on Saudi oil facilities
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday said it looked like Iran was behind attacks on oil plants in Saudi Arabia but stressed he did not want to go to war, as the attacks sent oil prices soaring and raised fears of a new Middle East conflict.
Iran has rejected U.S. charges it was behind the strikes on Saturday that damaged the world’s biggest crude-processing plant and triggered the largest jump in crude prices in decades.
Relations between the United States and Iran have deteriorated since Trump pulled out of the Iran nuclear accord last year and reimposed sanctions over Tehran’s nuclear and ballistic programs. Washington also wants to pressure Tehran to end its support of regional proxy forces, including in Yemen where Saudi forces have been fighting Iran-backed Houthis for four years.
‘Benjamin Netanyahu wanted to postpone elections for a war in Gaza’
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu almost ordered the IDF to go to war in the Gaza Strip, which would have postponed the general elections slated for Tuesday, Haaretz reported on Monday.
The newspaper reported that National Security Adviser Meir Ben-Shabbat had met with Central Elections Committee head Hana Melcer at the urging of Attorney-General Avichai Mandelblit about a possible military operation.
According to the report, the action was aborted last Tuesday “at the last moment” by Mandelblit, who said that the plan required the approval of the security cabinet.
Following the publication of the report on Monday, Blue and White co-leader and former IDF Chief of Staff Benny Gantz wrote on Twitter that: “Netanyahu did away with ambiguity for political ends. Now he’s lost it and wants to drag us into war to postpone the elections. This is a scenario that belongs [in the TV show] House of Cards, not in the State of Israel.”
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Source: Reuters, MEMO, The Jerusalem Post