PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on August 5 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
Air strike on south Libyan town kills at least 43 – official
A drone air strike by eastern Libyan forces on the southern Libyan town of Murzuq has killed at least 43 people, Reuters reported on Monday.
The attack is the second major air strike blamed on the eastern Libyan National Army (LNA) forces loyal to Khalifa Haftar after at least 44 migrants were killed in June when a detention centre in a suburb of the capital Tripoli was hit.
The LNA confirmed a strike late on Sunday on Murzuq, but denied it had targeted any civilians. The LNA had also denied it had hit the detention centre but acknowledged increased air strikes on the capital.
The internationally recognised government based in Tripoli opposing Haftar said dozens were killed and wounded in Murzuq.
Reached by telephone, Murzuq municipal council member Mohamed Omar told Reuters: “The air strike resulted in 43 killed and 51 wounded. This is only an initial toll of casualties.”
Blast in Russian arms depot in Siberia, two hospitalised – RIA
Two Russians were hospitalised with shrapnel wounds on Monday after a blast at a Russian military base in the Siberian region of Krasnoyarsk, RIA news agency cited doctors and emergency services as saying, Reuters reported.
An ammunition depot at the base caught fire and people in the nearby village of Kamenka were being evacuated, emergency services were quoted as saying.
Syrian army resumes military operations against rebels in northwest Syria
The Syrian army said on Monday it was resuming military operations in a Russian-led campaign in northwest Syria that has uprooted tens of thousands and killed hundreds, blaming Turkey for not abiding by its commitments under a truce deal, Reuters reported.
Syrian state media said on Thursday the ceasefire would depend on militants fulfilling a Russian-Turkish deal that tried last year to create an Idlib buffer zone.
“The agreement to a truce was conditional. This did not happen.. We resume our military operations against terrorist organisations,” said the army statement.
Since Damascus declared a ceasefire on Thursday night, its warplanes have not mounted air strikes, though the combatants are still shelling each other.
Damascus accuses Turkey and the rebels it supports of failing to comply with the terms of the de-escalation agreement which require heavy weapons and jihadist insurgents to be withdrawn from a buffer zone.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter.