PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on July 26 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
Turkish military chiefs discuss possible offensive in Syria
Turkish Defence Minister Hulusi Akar met military officials on Thursday to discuss a possible offensive east of the Euphrates River in Syria as Ankara ramped up warnings of a cross-border operation, Reuters reported.
The meeting came a day after Turkey said it would launch an offensive unless agreement on a planned safe zone in Syria could be reached with the United States, saying it had run “out of patience” with Washington.
The operation, which would mark the third Turkish incursion into Syria in as many years, was first signalled by President Tayyip Erdogan earlier this year but later put on hold.
Following President Donald Trump’s announcement of a planned U.S. withdrawal from northern Syria, the two NATO allies agreed to create a zone inside Syria and along its northeastern border with Turkey that would be cleared of the Kurdish YPG militia.
North Korea’s Kim says missile test a warning to South Korean ‘warmongers’
North Korea said on Friday its latest missile launch was a warning to South Korean “warmongers” to stop importing weapons and conducting joint military drills, a message that analysts said was also aimed at the United States, Reuters reported.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un personally watched the test-fire of two short-range ballistic missiles on Thursday, the first test since Kim met with U.S. President Donald Trump last month and agreed to revive denuclearisation talks.
The missile tests raises doubts about the revival of denuclearisation talks, which stalled after the collapse of a second summit between Kim and Trump in Hanoi in February.
“We cannot but develop nonstop super-powerful weapon systems to remove the potential and direct threats to the security of our country that exist in the south,” Kim said, according to state news agency KCNA.
Arab coalition intercepts Houthi drone targeting Saudi Arabia, denies airport targeting claims
The Arab coalition intercepted a Houthi drone targeting the Kingdom on Thursday evening, Arab News reported.
The reports came after an earlier drone was shot down which had been targeting Khamis Mushait in southern Saudi Arabia on Thursday, according to a Coalition statement.
The Iran-backed Houthis launched the earlier drone from the province of Sanaa in Yemen toward civilian areas in Khamis Mushait, spokesperson Col. Turki Al-Maliki said.
Houthi reports claiming that King Khalid airbase was targeted are false and are a reflection of the militia’s desperation, Al-Maliki added.
Continued Houthi attacks on civilians and civilian areas, which are protected by international humanitarian law, are a war crime, the spokesperson asserted, adding that the coalition will continue to fight “these aggressions.”
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter.
Source: Reuters, Arab News