PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on July 15 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
At least 22 civilians killed in government air attacks in Syria
Air attacks by Syrian and Russian military aircraft have killed at least eight people in the northern region of Idlib in the last weekend (Friday and Saturday), while 11 people were killed in different areas of Idlib province on Saturday, according to the White Helmets rescue group, AlJazeera reported.
Three people, including a woman and a child, were killed in air raids in the town of Kafarya in eastern Idlib, the organisation said.
Eleven people were injured, including a White Helmets rescuer, the organisation said in a tweet.
Earlier in the day, air attacks in the Khan Sheikhoun town killed at least six people, including four children and two women, when their house was targeted, the White Helmets reported.
Saturday’s attacks come a day after similar raids killed at least 11 people in different parts of Idlib and Hama provinces.
On Friday, six people were killed in Ariya, three in Maart al-Numan, one in Idlib and one in Kafr Zita, Hama.
At least 45 people were injured in those attacks, the group said.
France, UK and Germany say risks Iran nuclear deal could collapse
France, Britain and Germany said on Sunday they were preoccupied by the escalation of tensions in the Persian Gulf region and a risk of Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal falling apart, calling for dialogue between all the parties to resume, Reuters reported.
The European nations said in a joint statement that following renewed sanctions by the United States on Iran, and Iran’s decision to no longer respect some of its obligations, the deal signed on this day four years ago could collapse.
“The risks are such that it is necessary for all stakeholders to pause, and consider the possible consequences of their actions,” the joint statement released by the French president’s office said.
“We believe that the time has come to act responsibly and to look for ways to stop the escalation of tension and resume dialogue.”
Car bomb and all-night hotel siege kill 26 in Somalia’s Kismayo
Kenyans, Americans, a Briton and Tanzanians were among 26 people killed when Islamist gunmen stormed a hotel in the Somali port city of Kismayo, Reuters reported.
A car bomb exploded at the hotel in the southern port city while local elders and lawmakers were meeting on Friday night, before three gunmen stormed in, police said. Security forces took 11 hours to end the siege, they said.
The dead included a presidential candidate for August’s Jubbaland regional elections, Jubbaland state president Ahmed Mohamed Madobe said. At least two journalists and a U.N. agency staff member were also reported to have been killed.
Al Qaeda-linked Islamist group al Shabaab, which is trying to topple Somalia’s weak, U.N.-backed government, immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
Abdiasis Abu Musab, the group’s military operations spokesman, said militants killed 30 people, while four al Shabaab fighters had also died.
The jihadist group and government officials tend to give differing casualty figures for attacks.
Regional president Madobe said three Kenyans, one Briton, two Americans and three Tanzanians were among those killed.
“Four militants attacked the hotel. One of them was the suicide car bomber, two were shot dead and one was captured alive by Jubbaland security forces,” he said, adding that 56 people were wounded in the attack, including two Chinese.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter.