US: ‘We’re concerned about Russian aggression in Ukraine’

WASHINGTON, (BM) – The US Department of Defense is concerned about reports of escalating tensions on the contact line in Donbas, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing the Pentagon spokesman John Kirby.

“I would say we are concerned about the recent escalation of Russian aggression in eastern Ukraine, including the violation of the July 2020 ceasefire that resulted in the death of four Ukrainian soldiers on March 26 and the injury of two more,” Kirby said at a briefing on Wednesday.

He added that, according to the United States, Russia’s “destabilizing actions” negate the successes in de-escalation, achieved with the mediation of the OSCE in July last year.

“Also, we are aware of the Ukrainian military reports regarding the movement of Russian troops on the Ukrainian borders, discussed our concerns about this growing tensions and ceasefire violations, as well as regional tensions, with NATO allies,” Kirby said.

He stated that he would prefer not to comment on the telephone conversation between the chairman of the committee of the chiefs of staff of the US Armed Forces, Mark Milli, with the head.

“However, I think we can assume that this (the situation in the east of Ukraine – IF) was one of the topics raised,” Kirby added.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Ukraine: There are several new proposals for resolving the conflict in Donbass

Earlier on Wednesday, the Russian Ministry of Defense reported that the Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Federation, Valery Gerasimov, and the chairman of the Committee of Chiefs of Staff of the US Armed Forces, Mark Milli, held telephone conversations on Wednesday.

“Issues of mutual interest were discussed,” the message says. The Russian Defense Ministry did not disclose the details of the negotiations. The Committee of the Chiefs of Staff of the US Armed Forces also reported the conversation’s very fast and did not disclose its details.

Four servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were killed, and two were wounded due to shelling by Russian mercenaries in the area of ​​the village. Noises of the Toretsk City Council of the Donetsk Region on March 26. After that, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Dmytro Kuleba, appealed to the international community to condemn the escalation of the conflict for. In Moscow, the aggravation on the line of contact is associated with the provocative actions of Kyiv.

***

Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news, follow our Google News, YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Subscribe to our Newsletter and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay.

DO YOU EVALUATE OUR REPORTING? WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT.

Dear reader,

BulgarianMilitary.com continues to be an objective and expert source of information in defense industry, military-political relations and military conflicts around the world.

Now more than ever, we need free and independent journalism. We believe that information shouldn't be behind a paid wall and we will continue to commit to keeping it free.

We know that our readers appreciate the content of BulgarianMilitary.com. In the last year, the indicators on our page have doubled. At the same time, the support of readers in the form of recurring monthly financial contributions provides continuous support for our work, which allows us to innovate.

We are more confident than ever in our role bridging media, policy, and the public. We thank you for your support.

Your recurring monthly financial contributions help us innovate for the future. Please, consider making a recurring contribution to BulgarianMilitary.com.