Missile strikes on Damascus, Syria blames Israel, Israel blames ISIS
DAMASCUS, (BM) – New missile strikes on Damascus, Syria were carried out late last night and early this morning, targeting the al-Kisue area around Damascus and the city of Al-Dimas, learned BulgarianMilitary.com.
Syria has officially blamed Israel for the strikes. Israel has so far not confirmed or denied that the state carried out the attack. This type of action is not uncommon for the Jewish state, as Tel Aviv has a policy of not providing any information, whether real or false.
Sources say the two subjected to intense airstrikes areas are known for the presence of Iranian militias. No casualties have been reported so far. The attacks began shortly before midnight and continued early in the morning on January 7, 2021.
In its material, the state news agency in Syria SANA says that the attack came from the Golan Heights with a rocket fire volley. In the Golan Heights region, local Syrians confirm this information, claiming a constant rumble from the explosions’ sounds. According to Syrian military experts, the Israeli forces attacked with surface-to-air missiles.
The Syrian military says they intercepted most of the missiles. The two countries, Syria and Israel, praise each other for their military capabilities, and it is almost impossible to establish the truth in this case. According to Israel, the claims of the Syrian military are a lie.
This missile attack is a series of similar targets in Syria over the past eight days. Israeli media Time in Israel claims that there is no evidence that Israeli forces carried out the attack. As a basic fact, the media emphasizes the possibility that this is an attack by the terrorist group ISIS, which since 2011 has been carrying out various military operations in the country. Israel’s mainstay is that ISIS does not want the presence and establishment of Iranian troops in Syria.
War in Syria
In February, Turkey lost at least 62 troops killed in Syria, nearly 100 soldiers were wounded, dozens of Turkish armored vehicles were destroyed and more than ten drones, including drone, were shot down. Washington has repeatedly accused Moscow of involvement in the deaths of Turkish soldiers, Russia rejects these allegations.
In early March, the presidents of Russia and Turkey, Vladimir Putin and Recep Tayyip Erdogan, concluded an agreement according to which a ceasefire came into force in the Idlib de-escalation zone. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad later said that if the US and Turkish military did not leave the country, Damascus would be able to use force.
The reason for the Russian-Turkish negotiations was a sharp aggravation of the situation in Idlib, where in January a large-scale offensive by the Syrian army against the positions of the armed opposition and terrorists began.
Government forces recaptured nearly half of the Idlib de-escalation zone and left behind a number of Turkish observation posts. After that, Ankara sharply increased its military contingent in the region and launched the operation “Spring Shield” to push the Syrian troops. Turkey is also supported by militants loyal to it.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay.
Subscribe to Google News