Iran acquired new warship able of carrying helicopters, UAVs and patrol boats
TEHRAN, (BM) – Iran’s state news agency FARS reports that the naval units of the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps now have a new warship that can perform various functions, including the transportation of helicopters, drones and patrol boats and cutters, learned BulgarianMilitary.com.
The inauguration ceremony of the Shahid Rudaki took place yesterday, November 19, and was attended by many Iranian officials, as well as the Commander-in-Chief of the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps [IRGC], Major General Hossein Salami, and IRGC Navy Commander Rear Admiral Alireza Tangsiri.
According to the information spread by the Iranian agency FARS, the multifunctional carrier was made in Iran and has entirely Iranian technology. The ship is 150 meters long, weighs 400 tons and is 22 meters wide. The new combat carrier of the Iranian navy has a three-dimensional phased array radar, which provides the necessary “visibility” of the ship’s crew. For its own protection and for the protection of Iranian troops during military missions, the ship has sea-to-sea and surface-to-air missiles, torpedoes and an advanced electronic warfare system.
According to a number of Iranian media, citing General Ramezan Zirahi, Iran will receive several new Iranian-built warships in the coming months, which will strengthen the Islamic State’s fleet and ensure the security of the country’s water territorial integrity.
Iran undertakes renewal of its fleet. Although the country has been under a UN arms embargo in recent years (which no longer exists), Tehran has managed to develop its military industry domestically. The country does not have state-of-the-art military developments, but this is expected to change in the coming years, as without an arms embargo, the country will try to buy or work with weapons systems from Russia and China.
Perhaps this is why, many years ago, Iranian lawmakers required their scientists to develop an engine that could power a standard warship and use it to travel a thousand kilometers without refueling. So far, however, such information has not been shared by the Iranian media, and the Iranian authorities have not yet announced that they have made progress in this development.
Iran is six months away from its first nuclear bomb, the intelligence said
Iran has become just a few months away from producing its first nuclear bomb, thanks to its relatively enriched uranium, an intelligence officer told the online publication Elaph as we reported earlier this year. Elaph quoted the unnamed senior intelligence official as saying that Iran has 140 kg of uranium enriched by 4%, and it needs only 6 months to complete enrichment to more than 90%.
The intelligence source said Iran would be able to produce its first nuclear bomb, if it chose to, noting that success in that depends on the absence of errors or any interference with the nuclear program. He continued: “Iran has resumed limited enrichment activity, and is in the process of obtaining another 140 kg of enriched uranium to produce a second bomb after the completion of the first production, by a decision that would come from the High Command.”
But Tehran has not taken its decision yet, especially in light of its economic problems and U.S. sanctions, which coincide with the pressures of the coronavirus outbreak that claimed the lives of several Iranians. The newspaper said it obtained information, according to which, the recent bombings that affected “nuclear facilities and military sites in Iran” would disrupt this endeavor and impede the project for months and possibly years.
For its part, the Andishah Sazan Institute for Strategic Studies in Iran revealed, Thursday, the results of the ongoing investigations regarding the incident at the Nahtanz nuclear facility. “The ongoing investigations into the Natanz facility incident confirm the absence of any air attack from outside the country and across the Iranian border,” said Saadallah Zaraei, head of the institute.
“The explosion occurred from inside the facility because of either a cyber attack or an act of sabotage,” Zaraei said, stressing that “the relevant authorities will surely announce the main cause of the explosion and its circumstances as soon as the investigations are completed.” Regarding an Israeli role in the blast inside the Natanz facility, the Iranian official stressed that “the Israeli entity wants to fish in troubled waters and record for itself what it dreams to achieve.”
Iran unveils its own new ballistic and cruise missiles
The Iranian Armed Forces have developed a new ballistic missile, BulgarianMilitary.com reported in August. This is a ground-to-ground ballistic missile dubbed Haj Qasem in honor of General Qasem Soleimani, who was killed by the US military in January. In addition, a new cruise missile “Abu Mahdi” was demonstrated, named after the commander of the Iraqi Shiite formations “Al-Hashd al-Shaabi” Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, who died along with Suleimani.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani called the news about the testing of new missiles important. “We must contain [the enemy] on land and at sea with missiles,” he said. Iran has been developing its own missile program since the 1990s. He achieved some success in the development of ballistic missiles. At the same time, Tehran refuses to negotiate the limitation of its missile industry, citing the fact that its rivals in the region have also adopted missiles of a similar class.
Read more: Top 5 largest aircraft carriers in the world
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Subscribe to Google News