Subscribe to Google News

Erdogan neither confirmed nor denied the presence of Turkish troops in Nagorno-Karabakh

ANKARA, (BM) – Asked by journalists whether there were Turkish soldiers fighting on the side of Azerbaijan in the Nagorno-Karabakh region, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan neither confirmed nor denied the allegation, trying to redirect the answer in a completely different direction, learned BulgarianMilitary.com quoting Turkish media.

Read more: BulgarianMilitary.com 24/7 – All about Nagorno-Karabakh conflict

According to him [Erdogan – ed.], the issue of the presence of Turkish troops in the region is worrying, but not for him, but especially for “those countries” that make arms supplies to northern Syria, indirectly hinting that these are Russia and Iran.

“Now these same people are wondering about the presence of Turkish troops and the supply of Turkish weapons in the Caucasus,” the Turkish president said.

Erdogan’s claim, in an attempt to provide a concrete answer to the question, is to put it mildly, frivolous, given the current facts, which are eloquent: Turkey keeps Afrin in northern Syria under military control, refusing to take any action to withdraw its troops. from there. Another fact is the periodic artillery shelling of northern Iraq, which we know from sources that is inhabited by Kurds and supported by Kurdish units that are clearly at war with Turkey.

According to Turkish authorities and the administration of Turkish President Erdogan, the issue of Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh must be resolved once and for all.

Recall that on September 27 the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan issued a special press release stating that the forces of the Azerbaijani army are launched a counter-offensive operation on the entire Nagorno-Karabakh front.

Today [September 29 – ed.] the ell-known journalist Krikor Tsakidjian gives us a lot of information about the presence of Turkish F-16s in Azerbaijan and Nagorno-Karabakh.

“Azerbaijan’s war against Nagorno-Karabakh continues unabated. The Armenian government has announced that the death toll in Nagorno-Karabakh has increased. Many children were injured. About 80 wounded were taken to a hospital in the Armenian capital, Yerevan, as Stepanakert, the capital of Nagorno-Karabakh, could not take care of all the wounded.” the journalist said.

Also, as we reported earlier today we have received information from a local source in Yerevan that the Russian military had begun transferring its fighters to Yerevan to help Armenia. The source claims that he has so far filmed at least three Russian MiG-29s. It should be noted that, as far as is known, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey are closing their airspace to Russia, which leads to the following logical conclusion – Moscow is using Iran’s airspace to transfer the fighters to Yerevan.

The Deputy Commander of the Armenian Army Artsakh Artur Sargsyan said on September 29 that the Azerbaijani military has suffered heavy losses in the last two days, which include at least 400 Azerbaijani soldiers killed.

According to Sargsyan, Armenian forces have so far destroyed 47 armored vehicles, mainly tanks and 36 military attack and surveillance drones.

“In the last two days of fighting, Azerbaijani troops have lost more than 400 people. As of 5:00 pm on September 28, the following enemy losses were registered: 36 UAVs, 47 armored vehicles, more than 400 casualties,” Sargsyan told a news conference.

Tensions between Armenia and Azerbaijan escalated again on September 27 after the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan issued a special press release stating that the forces of the Azerbaijani army are launching a counter-offensive operation on the entire Nagorno-Karabakh front.

“The troops of the Azerbaijani army have launched a counter-offensive operation on the entire front,” the republic’s defense ministry said.

The official opinion of the Ministry of Defense is that military actions of the Armenian military units are being observed and that is why the Azeris have taken actions to repel and suppress them.

Nagorno-Karabakh conflict

Azerbaijan and Armenia have been in conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh since February 1988, when the Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Region announced its withdrawal from the Azerbaijan SSR.

During the armed conflict in 1992-1994, the Azerbaijani side lost control of Nagorno-Karabakh and the seven areas adjacent to it. Since 1992, negotiations have been conducted within the framework of the OSCE Minsk Group on a peaceful settlement of the conflict. The group is led by co-chairs – Russia, USA and France.

In 1994, Azerbaijan, Armenia and the unrecognized Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, through the mediation of Russia, signed the Bishkek Armistice Protocol. At the same time, military operations did not stop there, which periodically renewed.

The most significant exacerbation of the conflict was the four-day war of 2016. Then hundreds of soldiers on both sides became victims.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, during a meeting with the President of Azerbaijan last year, called for a rhetoric that would go against the fundamental principles endorsed by both sides and enshrined in the UN Charter and the Helsinki Final Act when resolving the situation around Nagorno-Karabakh.

At the same time, the head of the Russian Foreign Ministry admitted that much more needs to be done to achieve a long-term political settlement.

***

Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay

Subscribe to Google News

>>Be a reporter: Write and send your article.<<

BulgarianMilitary.com
Editorial team

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More