Hamas promised Israel ‘unprecedented military and geographic losses’
BEIRUT, (BM) – The deputy head of the Politburo of the Palestinian movement Hamas Saleh al-Aruri warned Israel of the expected “unprecedented military and geographic losses” in response to the “escalation of aggression against the Gaza Strip”, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing EurAsia Daily.
In an interview with the pan-Arab TV channel Al Mayadeen (headquarters in Beirut), al-Aruri said on the eve of September 8 that the entire rear of Israel will be part of the next military campaign of Hamas, and that there will be many casualties among the Israelis.
“We have something prepared for the enemy,” al-Aruri pointedly said. “The results of the next confrontation (with Israel) will differ from the results of any previous campaign, as the occupiers will pay an unprecedented price and will be forced to plunge into a new reality.”
According to him, “the rules of the conflict will change due to violations by the (Israeli) occupiers of the rights of two million Gazans who suffer from aggression” and the siege, which brings the situation closer to an explosion.
As BulgarianMilitary.com reported, the situation on the Israeli border with the Gaza Strip, which is controlled by Hamas, escalated sharply last month. In late August, Israeli tanks and aircraft inflicted intense strikes on the positions of the Palestinian movement militants.
The latter responded with missile launches from Katyusha-type installations. By early September, with the mediation efforts of neighboring Egypt, another fragile ceasefire was achieved.
Rocket launches from Gaza towards Israel have increased since January 28 this year, when US President Donald Trump, in the presence of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, announced at the White House a peace plan for a Palestinian-Israeli settlement (“the deal of the century”).
The initiative of the American leader was resolutely rejected by the Palestinian leadership in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. Commentators associate the latest activity of Hamas with the conclusion in August between Israel and the United Arab Emirates of an agreement on the normalization of bilateral relations.
On January 28, US President Donald Trump published the text of a plan to resolve the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, calling it the “deal of the century.” According to the plan, the state of Palestine is being created within the boundaries substantially smaller than those proposed by the UN in 1947.
Under the new US plan, the capital of Palestine is located in east Jerusalem. Trump’s proposal provoked a sharp reaction in the Arab world. The head of the State Duma’s committee on international affairs announced the futility of the “deal of the century”, especially since her presentation was held without representatives of Palestine.
Trump’s proposed “deal of the century” actually repeats the main points of the 2004 UN resolution on “two states,” but with important nuances that infringe on the rights of Palestinians and in reality recognize the status quo advantageous to Israel.
The mere proposal to take the Palestinian capital beyond the borders of Old Jerusalem, far from Islamic shrines, to the Arab neighborhoods of Kafr Aqab and Shuafat, to the refugee camp now located behind the “security fence”, was perceived by the Arab world as a sophisticated mockery.
The Arabs do not even discuss the remaining points of the proposed “peace agreement”: the main and almost the only thesis sounds: “we are offered to sell our shrines and decades of struggle for freedom for $ 50 billion.” Judging by the statement of the Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas and the reactions of the Arab press, the “deal of the century” did not bring peace prospects in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, but very seriously removed it.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay.
Subscribe to Google News