Israel attacks Syrian government forces in a series of attacks
DAMASCUS, (BM) – The Israel Defense Forces launched a series of attacks on Monday evening on positions of Syrian government forces in southern Syria, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing Interfax.
The Israeli military command notes that the strikes were carried out by combat aircraft and helicopters in response to an earlier attempted terrorist attack on the border between the countries.
The Israel Defense Forces fired at observation and command posts in the area of the city of Quneitra. She also sought to destroy anti-tank weapons and reconnaissance equipment.
At the same time, the command explained that even if it was not the Syrian government troops who were behind the attempted terrorist attack, they, nevertheless, were responsible for everything that happened on their territory.
Official Syrian media report that no one has been killed as a result of these Israeli attacks.
Earlier Monday night, Syrian media reported that the country’s air defense forces were repelling air attacks in the Damascus area. It is assumed that Israel also conducted them.
Earlier on Monday, the Israeli military killed four people who tried to plant explosive devices on the Syrian-Israeli border.
Intensified hostilities in Syria over the past 48 hours
Syrian militants went on the offensive and attacked the positions of Bashar al-Assad’s army, as we reported yesterday [August 3 – ed.]
The Russian Aerospace Forces came to the aid of the government forces, striking at the terrorists from the air. The latest news from Syria, as well as the video filmed at the epicenter of the events, was published by the BulgarianMilitary.com.
The offensive along the M4 highway on Monday, August 3, was launched by militants deployed in the de-escalation zone in Idlib province. After artillery preparation, the terrorists, covered by pickup trucks equipped with machine guns, attacked the positions of the SAR army.
The command of the SAR managed to stop the attack, largely thanks to the support of the Russian Aerospace Forces. It is reported that air strikes were carried out on warehouses and headquarters of terrorists along the M4 highway. We will remind, Idlib and Aleppo continue to be the regions with the highest concentration of militants.
Earlier today we reported that an unknown attack drone bombed yesterday [August 2 – ed.] the positions of pro-Turkish militants in the Syrian provinces of Idlib and Aleppo.
The newest UAV struck at the positions of the militants, weapons depots, fuel tankers smuggling oil to Turkey.
Judging by the fact that we are talking about the pro-Turkish militants of the White Helmets organization, which cooperates with the United States, and by the fact that no Turkish air defense system has seen the drone, then we can say that it was a Russian stealth drone Ohotnik [Hunter].
Of course, there is no direct evidence that the unidentified stealth drone is Russian, but testing a drone in combat conditions is mandatory for passing state tests. Moreover, Russia does not have other aircraft capable of performing such combat missions, military experts said.
According to analysts, if the information on this matter is true, then in the near future the RF Ministry of Defense will report on the tests of the Hunter in Syria.
War in Syria
In February, Turkey lost at least 62 troops killed in Syria, nearly 100 soldiers were wounded, dozens of Turkish armored vehicles were destroyed and more than ten drones, including drone, were shot down. Washington has repeatedly accused Moscow of involvement in the deaths of Turkish soldiers, Russia rejects these allegations.
In early March, the presidents of Russia and Turkey, Vladimir Putin and Recep Tayyip Erdogan, concluded an agreement according to which a ceasefire came into force in the Idlib de-escalation zone.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad later said that if the US and Turkish military did not leave the country, Damascus would be able to use force.
The reason for the Russian-Turkish negotiations was a sharp aggravation of the situation in Idlib, where in January a large-scale offensive by the Syrian army against the positions of the armed opposition and terrorists began.
Government forces recaptured nearly half of the Idlib de-escalation zone and left behind a number of Turkish observation posts. After that, Ankara sharply increased its military contingent in the region and launched the operation “Spring Shield” to push the Syrian troops. Turkey is also supported by militants loyal to it.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Subscribe to Google News