Large US military convoy was entered eastern Syria illegally, sources said

DANASCUS, (BM) – A massive U.S. Coalition convoy entered eastern Syria this week from neighboring Iraq, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing local activists report from the Al-Hasakah Governorate.

Read more: BulgarianMilitary.com 24/7 – War in Syria: Who controls what and what happens

According to the reports, the U.S. Coalition convoy consisted of approximately 200 trucks, which were carrying logistical and military supplies, along with reinforcements.

The large U.S. convoy was said to have entered eastern Syria on Monday through the illegal Waleed Crossing, which links Iraq’s Nineveh Governorate with Al-Hasakah.

Following its entry into eastern Syria, the U.S. Coalition convoy traveled to the Al-Qamishli District in northern Al-Hasakah and to eastern Deir Ezzor.

The U.S. convoy’s entry into Syria comes at a time when both the Russian and American forces continue to build up their troops and expand their bases in the eastern part of the Arab Republic.

The U.S. and Russian forces have been involved in some standoffs in eastern Syria over the past few weeks, with both troops aggressively attempting to intercept the other in the Al-Hasakah Governorate.

Background

In February, Turkey lost at least 62 troops killed in Syria, nearly 100 soldiers were wounded, dozens of Turkish armored vehicles were destroyed and more than ten drones, including drone, were shot down. Washington has repeatedly accused Moscow of involvement in the deaths of Turkish soldiers, Russia rejects these allegations.

In early March, the presidents of Russia and Turkey, Vladimir Putin and Recep Tayyip Erdogan, concluded an agreement according to which a ceasefire came into force in the Idlib de-escalation zone.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad later said that if the US and Turkish military did not leave the country, Damascus would be able to use force.

The reason for the Russian-Turkish negotiations was a sharp aggravation of the situation in Idlib, where in January a large-scale offensive by the Syrian army against the positions of the armed opposition and terrorists began.

Government forces recaptured nearly half of the Idlib de-escalation zone and left behind a number of Turkish observation posts. After that, Ankara sharply increased its military contingent in the region and launched the operation “Spring Shield” to push the Syrian troops. Turkey is also supported by militants loyal to it.

***

Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay

Subscribe to Google News

>>Be a reporter: Write and send your article.<<

BulgarianMilitary.com
Editorial team

DO YOU EVALUATE OUR REPORTING? WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT.

Dear reader,

BulgarianMilitary.com continues to be an objective and expert source of information in defense industry, military-political relations and military conflicts around the world.

Now more than ever, we need free and independent journalism. We believe that information shouldn't be behind a paid wall and we will continue to commit to keeping it free.

We know that our readers appreciate the content of BulgarianMilitary.com. In the last year, the indicators on our page have doubled. At the same time, the support of readers in the form of recurring monthly financial contributions provides continuous support for our work, which allows us to innovate.

We are more confident than ever in our role bridging media, policy, and the public. We thank you for your support.

Your recurring monthly financial contributions help us innovate for the future. Please, consider making a recurring contribution to BulgarianMilitary.com.