Subscribe to Google News

Erdogan: Turkey no longer intends to tolerate the attacks in Idlib

ANKARA, DAMASCUS, (BM) – Turkish authorities no longer intend to tolerate attacks in the security zone on the territory of Syrian Idlib, said President Recep Erdogan, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing Anadolu agency and krasnaya Vesna on May 4.

Read more: BulgarianMilitary.com 24/7 – War in Syria: Who controls what and what happens

The head of the republic emphasized that “Turkey no longer intends to tolerate the increasing attacks in the security zone in Idlib, which are carried out contrary to the agreements on Syria.”

What kind of attacks are in question, the Turkish leader did not specify.

Recall that on today (May 4), pro-Turkish militants attacked the position of the Kurds in northeastern Syria.

According to the source, the terrorists of the pro-Turkish Al-Jaish Al-Watani group launched an artillery attack on the positions of the Kurds in the village of Ad-Dardara in the north of Hasaka province.

No one was injured as a result of the shelling.

Recall, earlier on May 4, the source of the IA Red Spring in Syria reported that a car with SDF fighters was blown up in the Syrian province of Deir Ez-Zor. The explosion was carried out using a makeshift explosive device attached to the car.

Background

In February, Turkey lost at least 62 troops killed in Syria, nearly 100 soldiers were wounded, dozens of Turkish armored vehicles were destroyed and more than ten drones, including drone, were shot down. Washington has repeatedly accused Moscow of involvement in the deaths of Turkish soldiers, Russia rejects these allegations.

In early March, the presidents of Russia and Turkey, Vladimir Putin and Recep Tayyip Erdogan, concluded an agreement according to which a ceasefire came into force in the Idlib de-escalation zone.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad later said that if the US and Turkish military did not leave the country, Damascus would be able to use force.

The reason for the Russian-Turkish negotiations was a sharp aggravation of the situation in Idlib, where in January a large-scale offensive by the Syrian army against the positions of the armed opposition and terrorists began.

Government forces recaptured nearly half of the Idlib de-escalation zone and left behind a number of Turkish observation posts. After that, Ankara sharply increased its military contingent in the region and launched the operation “Spring Shield” to push the Syrian troops. Turkey is also supported by militants loyal to it.

***

Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay

Subscribe to Google News

>>Be a reporter: Write and send your article.<<

BulgarianMilitary.com
Editorial team

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More