Pompeo and NATO’s chief discussed COVID-19 and Russian, Chinese misinformation
WASHINGTON, (BM) – US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg during a conversation on Monday discussed how to counteract the spread of the information on the coronavirus COVID-19, which the US and NATO consider false, to the Russian Federation and China, learned BulgarianMilitary.com.
“The Secretary of State and the Secretary General discussed how NATO helps coordinate the Allied response to COVID-19 and (spoke about – IF) the importance of resisting the spread of misinformation and propaganda about coronavirus from China and Russia,” the US State Department said in a statement.
Also, according to a statement, in a conversation Pompeo expressed Washington’s support for NATO and transatlantic unity.
In addition, Pompeo and Stoltenberg discussed the upcoming meeting of NATO foreign ministers and the situation in Afghanistan. The parties pointed out the need for Afghanistan to form a representative government that would give priority to the political settlement in the country and ensure its security.
The US administration has already accused the Russian Federation, China and Iran of being involved.
Earlier in March, Peter Stano, spokesman for EU diplomacy Josep Borrell, said that from the very beginning of COVID-19’s appearance in Europe, there has been an increasing flow of false information about him, organized, in particular, from Russia.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Subscribe to Google News