A Russian large landing craft conducted artillery fire in the Sea of Japan
MOSCOW, (BM) – The large landing craft (LLC) “Admiral Nevelskaya” carried out firing at the coastal, sea and air targets in the Sea of Japan, learned BulgarianMilitary.com according the press service of the Pacific Fleet statement.
“During the exercise on the organization of the air defense of a single ship, the LLC performed artillery fire on simulated aerial targets from 57-mm AK-725 artillery installations,” the statement said.
It is noted that the ship crews of the Strela-2 portable anti-aircraft missile systems also improved their practical skills.
The ship fulfilled mine action tasks with performing artillery firing on a model of a sea floating mine and fired at visible targets on the coast. Targets located on the landfill of Zheltukhin Island imitated the technique and manpower of a conditional enemy.
At the LLC, a drill was held to ensure the safety of the ship’s parking in an unprotected roadstead.
The large landing craft (LLC) “Admiral Nevelskaya”
Admiral Nevelskoy is a large landing craft of Project 775. Armed in the Pacific Fleet of Russia. It was built in Poland by the Stocnia Full Bochatow Westerplat shipyard in Gdansk under factory number 775/16. It becomes the fourth vessel in the second series of the LLC of Project 775. The ships of this project are the basis of the Russian landing fleet.
LLC Admiral Nevelskaya is a multi-deck, flat-bottomed landing craft in the near sea zone with a semi-marble and aft aft superstructure. It is intended for the carriage by sea of troops, military equipment and landing of marines on the undeveloped coast.
Unloading of equipment and loads can be done both from the stern and from the bow. During the construction of LLS-98 only, a right-hand-side cabinet crane was installed, which was dismantled during one of the repairs.
The LLC Admiral Nevelskoy can be used to evacuate the population from areas of military conflict.
- Two AK-725 57mm artillery rounds and 2200 shots fired at them with the MR-103 Bars remote control and fire control system.
- Launcher MC-73 for 122mm NURS A-215 “Grad-M” with 320 shots, laser rangefinder DVU-2 and fire control system PS-73 “Thunderstorm”.
- 4 launchers for Arrow-3 MANPADS with 9M32 rockets.
- A rocket-propelled rocket launcher designed to form safe passageways in mining fields at depths of 5 meters or to create a passage on the coast for descent of a width of up to 10 meters.
- The ship can be used to manually mount mines from the lowered rake to up to 92 pieces that are placed in the tank hold instead of the equipment.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Subscribe to Google News