The coronavirus shut down the production line of French fighters Rafale

PARIS, (BM) – Journalists note that the French side decided to postpone supplies against the backdrop of the threat of the spread of coronavirus infection, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing several french media.

The delivery of Rafale aircraft from France to India under the contract concluded in September 2016 will be postponed. Information is reported by the Indian newspaper Hindustan Times, citing its own sources.

Read more: Coronavirus may delay Rafale fighter jets delivery to India

Journalists note that the French side decided to postpone deliveries amid the threat of the spread of coronavirus infection.

The newspapers reports that at the moment in France the work of the production line of the aircraft company Dassault Aviation is completely suspended, one of whose enterprises is assembling fighters for the Indian Air Force.

As we reported on March 16 the delivery of the first four Rafale fighters to India, scheduled for May, may be delayed.

New Delhi expected Paris to respond when it plans to fly, but there was indications that the coronavirus spread situation may change these plans.

In September 2016, India ordered 36 Rafale fighters from France. The contract price also includes arms deliveries, maintenance and training of flight personnel, the source said.

The second batch of aircraft was supposed to be delivered by February 2021, and the final batch was to be delivered before April 2022.

The Indian Aviation Research Center said that the transfer of supplies will not have a significant impact on updating the Indian Air Force fleet.

Read more: French Defense Minister Set to Garner New Contract for Rafale Jets in India

France is the second most affected country in Europe with reported cases of coronavirus cases of 2284 people and deaths reach 55. In several cities in France, including Bordeaux, which is near Merignac, where Rafale’s production line is located, positive coronavirus cases have been reported.

***

Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay

Subscribe to Google News

>>Be a reporter: Write and send your article.<<

BulgarianMilitary.com
Editorial team

DO YOU EVALUATE OUR REPORTING? WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT.

Dear reader,

BulgarianMilitary.com continues to be an objective and expert source of information in defense industry, military-political relations and military conflicts around the world.

Now more than ever, we need free and independent journalism. We believe that information shouldn't be behind a paid wall and we will continue to commit to keeping it free.

We know that our readers appreciate the content of BulgarianMilitary.com. In the last year, the indicators on our page have doubled. At the same time, the support of readers in the form of recurring monthly financial contributions provides continuous support for our work, which allows us to innovate.

We are more confident than ever in our role bridging media, policy, and the public. We thank you for your support.

Your recurring monthly financial contributions help us innovate for the future. Please, consider making a recurring contribution to BulgarianMilitary.com.