Subscribe to Google News

Iran will continue to avenge the US for Qassem Soleimani death

TEHRAN, (BM) – Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said today, March 18, that the Islamic Republic “has already responded and will still respond” to the assassination of General Qassem Soleimani by the United States earlier this year, learned BulgarianMilitary.com.

The speech of the head of the Iranian government was broadcast live on state television.

Read more: Iran continues to threaten: ‘Our military action against US not enough’

“The Americans killed our great commander. We have responded to this terrorist act and will answer it again,” Rouhani said.

A statement by the Iranian president was made against the backdrop of another escalation in the Middle East region after a series of missile strikes this month at bases in Iraq where US troops are stationed.

U.S. officials previously called Iran and its supported Shiite militias responsible for the attacks, which killed and wounded up to 10 military forces led by the United States against the terrorist group Daesh.

Recall, the commander of the special forces “Cods” as part of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Qassem Soleimani died on the night of January 3 as a result of an air strike at the territory of Baghdad International Airport.

The Pentagon has confirmed that an Iranian general was killed in a U.S. air operation. The Supreme Leader of Iran, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, on the same day ordered that he “respond firmly” to the death of the legendary Iranian general. US President Donald Trump, in turn, threatened Iran with the possibility of hitting 52 targets in the Islamic Republic if its leadership decides to give a military response to the liquidation of General Soleimani.

On the night of January 8, Iran attacked with two missile bases in Iraq, on which the US military is stationed. Given that as a result of these attacks, not a single member of the coalition led by the United States was seriously injured, President Trump decided not to retaliate against Iranian targets.

Read more: US F-35 squadrons are training how to destroy Iran’s S-300 missile systems

According to the Pentagon, as a result of an Iranian missile strike, 109 US troops stationed, including on the Ain al-Assad base in western Iraq, received light concussions.

***

Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay

Subscribe to Google News

>>Be a reporter: Write and send your article.<<

BulgarianMilitary.com
Editorial team

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More