Turkey reports new losses in Syria, two soldiers were killed – MoD

ANKARA, (BM) – Turkey suffered new losses in Syria, it is reported about two dead soldiers and six more wounded. This was reported on the website of the Turkish Ministry of Defense, learned BulgarianMilitary.com.

Read more: BulgarianMilitary.com 24/7 – War in Syria: Who controls what and what happens

Representatives of Ankara said that they would not leave unpunished the death of their officers. The report also noted that from the beginning of the operation, three planes, eight helicopters, three drones, 151 tanks and eight air defense systems of the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad were destroyed.

Recall that in the early hours of today the Syrian army inflicted about a hundred missile attacks on enemy forces, which led to enormous losses and completely frustrated plans to launch SAA-controlled areas and adjacent territories.

Yesterday units of the Syrian Arab army shot down two drones for the Turkish regime troops in the surroundings of Saraqeb city and east of Khan al-Sobol in Idleb southeastern countryside.

SANA reporter said that a unit of the army observed a drone approaching from military points in Saraqeb and dropped it in the surrounding of the city.

Meanwhile, another army unit shot down a second drone of the Turkish occupation forces east of Khan al-Sobol area in Idleb southeastern countryside.

On March 1, the Turkish military destroyed two Su-24 bombers belonging to the forces of Bashar al-Assad. The pilots managed to catapult and were not injured. Earlier that day, it became known that units of the Syrian army shot down a Turkish-made UAV used by pro-Turkish militants of the Syrian Free Army (SSA).

The situation in Idlib escalated in January, when the Syrian government army launched an offensive in the region. On the night of February 28, the Turkish military began to strike at the positions of the Syrian army. The attack was a response to the shelling of a Turkish convoy in the Jebel al-Zawiya region, which killed 33 troops and injured 32 more. Turkey promised to avenge Assad for the deaths of soldiers and convened a meeting of the NATO Council.

***

Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay

Subscribe to Google News

>>Be a reporter: Write and send your article.<<

BulgarianMilitary.com
Editorial team

DO YOU EVALUATE OUR REPORTING? WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT.

Dear reader,

BulgarianMilitary.com continues to be an objective and expert source of information in defense industry, military-political relations and military conflicts around the world.

Now more than ever, we need free and independent journalism. We believe that information shouldn't be behind a paid wall and we will continue to commit to keeping it free.

We know that our readers appreciate the content of BulgarianMilitary.com. In the last year, the indicators on our page have doubled. At the same time, the support of readers in the form of recurring monthly financial contributions provides continuous support for our work, which allows us to innovate.

We are more confident than ever in our role bridging media, policy, and the public. We thank you for your support.

Your recurring monthly financial contributions help us innovate for the future. Please, consider making a recurring contribution to BulgarianMilitary.com.
Comments
Loading...