Subscribe to Google News

Every single aircraft over Idlib will be taken down, command of the Syrian army said

DAMASCUS, (BM) – Syria will shoot down every single aircraft over the province of Idlib, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing the statement of the command of the Syrian army.

The statement was quoted by several Syrian media, including the state news agency SANA.

Read more: BulgarianMilitary.com 24/7 – War in Syria: Who controls what and what happens

The Syrian army announced the closure of airspace over the entire northwestern part of the country for aircraft and any unmanned aerial vehicles. It is specified that any air targets will be considered enemy and subject to destruction.

Earlier it was reported that Turkey is sending its attack drones to provide fire support to terrorists during their attacks on the positions of government troops in Syria.

Several local sources noted Syrian army has so far managed to repel the attacks and continues to attempt to release the Damascus-Aleppo highway, which was previously blocked during the fighting in the Saraqib area.

Another source confirms the information and reports that “a few hours before noon the Syrian air defense systems were put on full alert and covers the entire Idlib to the Turkish border. Syrian air defense successfully downed 4 Turkish drones in less than a quarter of an hour”.

BulgarianMilitary.com recalls that just before a day ago the spokesman of Haftar’s Armed Forces said that they downed at least 6 Turkish-made UAVs in Tripoli.

The situation in Idlib escalated in January, when the Syrian government army launched an offensive in the region. On the night of February 28, the Turkish military began to strike at the positions of the Syrian army.

The attack was a response to the shelling of a Turkish convoy in the Jebel al-Zawiya region, which killed 33 troops and injured 32 more. Turkey promised to avenge Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for the deaths of soldiers and convened a meeting of the NATO Council.

Turkish authorities blamed Russia for the airstrike, but yesterday Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu acknowledged the absence of air strikes by the Russian Aerospace Forces against the Turkish military in Syria.

According to the Minister, attacks on the positions of Turkish military personnel and settlements on the territory of Syria are carried out by the forces of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his allies. “However, it cannot be said that the Russian Air Forces are attacking the Turkish military,” Cavusoglu emphasized.

He also added that Moscow and Ankara are currently making joint efforts to de-escalate the situation in Syrian Idlib, but real progress can be expected only after the meeting of the presidents of the two countries – Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Vladimir Putin.

***

Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay

Subscribe to Google News

>>Be a reporter: Write and send your article.<<

BulgarianMilitary.com
Editorial team / SANA

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More