Turkish Foreign Minister speaks with NATO chief; Security meeting in Turkey

ANKARA, (BM) – Turkish foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu speeks with the secretary general of NATO Jens Stoltenberg about the situation in Idlib, Syria and latest military clashes betweem Turkish and Syrian-backed forces, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing Turkish agency Anadolu.

BREAKING: A Russian large-scale air strike killed dozens Turkish soldiers in Syria

Read more: BulgarianMilitary.com 24/7 – War in Syria: Who controls what and what happens

At the mean time Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan chaired a security meeting on late Thursday, the country’s Directorate of Communication said.

The security meeting, which lasted two hours, was held at the presidential complex in Ankara, according to a statement issued by the directorate.

We recall that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has reported dozens of victims of a Russian-Syrian attack on a Turkish convoy in the Jebel al-Zawiya region of Idlib province early today.

This was announced also on Twitter by journalist and military analyst Babak Taghvaee.

He added that in connection with the incident, Erdogan called on the Turkish Ministry of Defense to convene an emergency meeting.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, in turn, reported that at least 34 Turkish troops were killed. Her data leads Al Arabiya.

We reported early today that after Syrian air strike in Idlib province two Turkish soldiers were killed.

At the mean time a Turkish delegation urged its Russian counterparts to immediately establish a cease-fire in Idlib, during talks in Ankara on the situation in Syria.

Turkey told Russia a cease-fire should be immediately established as the two sides discussed steps that should be taken on the ground, according to diplomatic sources.

Turkey also highlighted the importance of implementing the 2018 Sochi deal, and emphasized a possible civilian disaster and a mass migration should be avoided.

The de-escalation zone is currently home to 4 million civilians, including hundreds of thousands displaced in recent years by regime forces throughout the war-torn country.

Turkey has called for an immediate halt to the attacks on Idlib, and for the cease-fire to be followed, inviting the international community to take action.

***

Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay

Subscribe to Google News

>>Be a reporter: Write and send your article.<<

BulgarianMilitary.com
Editorial team / Anadolu

DO YOU EVALUATE OUR REPORTING? WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT.

Dear reader,

BulgarianMilitary.com continues to be an objective and expert source of information in defense industry, military-political relations and military conflicts around the world.

Now more than ever, we need free and independent journalism. We believe that information shouldn't be behind a paid wall and we will continue to commit to keeping it free.

We know that our readers appreciate the content of BulgarianMilitary.com. In the last year, the indicators on our page have doubled. At the same time, the support of readers in the form of recurring monthly financial contributions provides continuous support for our work, which allows us to innovate.

We are more confident than ever in our role bridging media, policy, and the public. We thank you for your support.

Your recurring monthly financial contributions help us innovate for the future. Please, consider making a recurring contribution to BulgarianMilitary.com.
Comments
Loading...