Subscribe to Google News

Haftar’s forces hit a school in Tripoli; Syrian forces besieged city; Free Syrian Army in Turkey

PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on January 29 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:

Shells fired by Haftar forces kill, injure children in Libya

Several children were killed and injured on Tuesday as forces loyal to renegade commander Khalifa Haftar targeted a school compound in the capital Tripoli, according to the UN-recognized government.

“The tragedy occurred due to the fall of indiscriminate shells fired by the war criminal Khalifa Haftar, one of which landed in the backyard of a school in the Al-Hadba Badri area,” said a statement by the Government of National Accord.

“Initial reports suggest a number of children were killed and injured,” the statement added.

400 Syria opposition police train in Turkey

Around 400 police officers from Turkish-backed Free Syrian Army are receiving training in Turkey before being deployed in the areas the republic’s forces have freed, Ihlas News Agency reported.

The police officers arrived in the southern Turkish province of Adana to receive training on police regulations, response to societal unrest, discipline, the disposal of improvised explosive devices (IEDs), operations in residential areas, as well as applied training on other matters.

Officers who successfully complete the training will start working as police in Tal Abyad and surrounding areas and will be dispatched in different units, the report said.

In 2017, the Turkish Police Academy also trained 5,631 Syrian policemen at five different schools in the country.

Syrian regime besieges Idlib’s Maarat al-Numan

Syrian regime forces backed by Russian warplanes on Tuesday besieged Idlib province’s Maarat al-Numan city and over a dozen villages in its outskirts.

Regime forces now control the villages of al-Hamidiyya, Bseideh, Kafar Basin, Babolin, al-Salihiya, Dar al-Salam, Deir al-Gharbi, Tekad, Sehyan, Maar Hattat, Babeela, Kahira, Maasaran, Dana and Kafar Roma.

In September 2018, Turkey and Russia agreed to turn Idlib into a de-escalation zone in which acts of aggression are expressly prohibited. But more than 1,300 civilians have been killed in attacks by the regime and Russian forces in the de-escalation zone since then as the cease-fire continues to be violated.

In a fresh move, Turkey announced on Jan. 10 that a new cease-fire in Idlib would start just after midnight on Jan. 12. However, the regime and Iran-backed terrorist groups continued their ground attacks.

More than 1 million Syrians have moved near the Turkish border due to intense attacks over the last year.

Since the eruption of the bloody civil war in Syria in 2011, Turkey has taken in some 3.7 million Syrians who fled their country, making it the world’s top refugee-hosting country.

Read more: Military and defense analyzes, comments, opinions and rating – Defweek.com

Read more: A top CIA’s chief murdered; Russian aircraft destroyed convoy, Fights in Idlib

Read more: ISIS plans to attack Israel; Iranian general warns of retaliation; Violence in Iraq

Raed more: Aircraft crashed in Afghanistan; Russian airstrikes; Erdogan doesn’t believe Haftar

Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay

>>Be a reporter: Write and send your article.<<

BulgarianMilitary.com
Editorial team
Source: MEMO, Yeni Safak

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More