Subscribe to Google News

Iran’s forces at state of alert; Air and land attacks in Idlib; Turkish troops deploy in Libya

PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on January 6 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:

Iran’s missile forces at heightened state of alert – U.S. official

The United States has detected a heightened state of alert by Iran’s missile forces across the country, a U.S. official told Reuters on Sunday, adding it was unclear whether the higher readiness level was defensive in nature or not.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, did not provide further details or say whether the Iranian missiles were taking aim at any specific targets, amid threats by Tehran of retaliation over a U.S. drone strike last week that killed a top Iranian general.

“They’re clearly at a heightened state of alert. Is that heightened state of alert to be better prepared defensively or to be better prepared offensively? That can’t be determined at this point,” the official said.

“But we’re watching it closely.”

Syrian regime attacks kill 10 civilians in Idlib

At least 10 civilians were killed, 20 others injured on Sunday in Syrian regime’s intensified attacks on settlement areas in Idlib de-escalation zone, according to initial reports.

Regime forces consisting of the Bashar al-Assad army and Iran-backed foreign terrorist groups continue air and land attacks on Maarat Al-Numan, Saraqib and Ariha districts and surrounding rural areas in southern Idlib, as well as the village of Barna located west of Aleppo since early morning.

The initial reports suggest that seven civilians in Ariha, one in Saraqib and two in the village of Barna were killed, while over 20 were injured in the attacks.

Civil defense agency White Helmets fear an increase in the casualties as they continue search and rescue efforts in the region.

While the attacks are ongoing, civilians continue to escape to areas near Turkish border.

Turkey begins deploying troops to Libya, says Erdogan

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has announced that Turkish soldiers had begun deploying to Libya after receiving approval from parliament last week.

“Our soldiers’ duty there is coordination. They will develop the operation center there. Our soldiers are gradually going right now,” he told CNN Turk broadcaster on Sunday.

The soldiers will act in support of Fayez al-Serraj’s internationally-recognized Government of National Accord (GNA), based in Tripoli.

Read more: EU divisions over Libya leave a gap for others

Erdogan said Turkey was not sending its own combat forces, but that “different teams” would take on coordination tasks. Senior Turkish military personnel will coordinate the “fighting force” in Libya and provide training on the ground, he added.

Read more: Military and defense analyzes, comments, opinions and rating – Defweek.com

Read more: Iran monitors 35 US targets; ‘Unite’ against the US; Hezbollah threatened US and Israel

Read more: US Air Force hit convoy near Baghdad; US sending troops in Middle East; Iraqi militia prepares for battle

Read more: US Marines landed in Baghdad; Israel puts army on alert; U.S. citizens to depart Iraq immediately

Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay

>>Be a reporter: Write and send your article.<<

BulgarianMilitary.com
Editorial team
Source: Reuters, Anadolu, DW

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More