The ACB wants Patriot air defense missile system to be deployed in Bulgaria
SOFIA, (BM) – The coming meeting between Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and US President Donald Trump on November 25 at the White House caused the Atlantic Council of Bulgaria (ACB) to draw up a long list of possibilities that Borisov to discuss with Trump.
According to the ACB, these possibilities would be the starting point for successful future cooperation between Bulgaria and the US.
The deployment of Patriot air systems on the territory of Bulgaria and assistance from the United States in countering the Russian hybrid war are some of the major topics addressed in the ACB’s demands.
According to the ACB, this is necessary as it will guarantee both security in the Balkans and the Black Sea as well as across Europe.
The other possibilities on the list of the Atlantic Council of Bulgaria are:
- more joint military exercises between the US and Bulgaria forces;
- favorable conditions for the acquisition of eight more F-16 Block 70 aircraft;
- industrial cooperation and projects related to the acquisition of the F-16 Block 70;
- US support for other major projects, including air defense systems, radars and combat vehicles for our ground forces
- US support for the dissemination of multi-national mechanized crews in NATO but in the territory of Bulgaria;
- Possibility of deploying a multinational NATO air squadron pending the deployment of Bulgarian F-16 aircraft 70
Read more: Why is Bulgaria Not Buying UAVs?
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay