Saudi Military Patrol Was Attacked; IS Leader`s Sister Has Been Captured; Egyptian Forces Kill Dozens
PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on November 5 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
Husites attacked a military patrol in Saudi Arabia
According to the latest information, confirmed by the command of the Saudi forces, 5 soldiers of the army of the kingdom died near the border with Yemen as a result of an attack carried out by the Hussites. Among the dead are two Saudi officers (both majors). This is with reference to the Saudi Ministry of Defense reports the Lebanese information resource AMN.
The material claims that Ansar Allah forces fired on a Saudi military patrol in the Jizan administrative district. This is the province of Saudi Arabia bordering Yemen, recently often becoming the target of the Hussites. It is stated that the Hussites fired “several artillery shells.” According to other sources, the Ansar Allah detachments used grenade launchers and mortars mounted on automobile platforms.
A few weeks ago, the Hussites re-activated in several provinces of Yemen. Their goal is to return to their control the previously lost territories. It should be noted that the Hussites, despite the fact that a well-equipped Saudi coalition acts against them, succeeds.
Turkey captures sister of dead IS leader in Syria – Turkish officials
Turkey captured the sister of dead Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Monday in the northern Syrian town of Azaz, a senior Turkish official told Reuters, and is interrogating her husband and daughter-in-law who were also detained.
Rasmiya Awad, 65, was detained in a raid near Azaz, the official said, referring to a Turkish-controlled Syrian town near the border. When captured, she was also accompanied by five children.
“We hope to gather a trove of intelligence from Baghdadi’s sister on the inner workings of ISIS,” the official said.
Egypt forces kill 83 fighters in Sinai, military says
Egypt’s security forces have killed 83 suspected fighters in operations in central and North Sinai over the past month, the military said on Monday.
It also said 61 criminal suspects were detained and it found and detonated 376 explosive devices during the period, which it dated from September 28.
One officer and two soldiers died or were wounded, it added. The military did not say what armed groups those killed belonged to.
Conflict in the Sinai escalated after then-president Mohamed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood was toppled by the military in 2013.
In late 2017, North Sinai was the scene of the deadliest attack in Egypt’s modern history when fighters killed more than 300 worshippers at a mosque, without any group claiming responsibility.
In February 2018, the army launched a military operation aimed at defeating Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS) or related armed groups in the Sinai Peninsula.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Source: Topwar, Al Jazeera, Reuters