US Forces Killed 11 Daesh Members; Bombing Strikes by Russian Su-24M; Military Response to Iran
PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on September 26 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
US military announces killing 11 gunmen in Libya by air strike
US forces killed 11 gunmen suspected to be Daesh members during a second airstrike near the southern Libyan city of Murzuq in less than a week, the US military announced on Wednesday.
The US military’s attack on Tuesday came after another attack on 19 September, which Washington said it killed eight other suspected gunmen.
The Director of Operations in the US African Command (AFRICOM), Major General William Gailer, said in a statement that “the raid was carried out to eliminate Daesh terrorists and prevent them from launching attacks against the Libyan people.”
Some Daesh fighters withdrew to the south towards the Libyan Desert, where the group lost its stronghold in the coastal city of Sirte at the end of 2016.
Su-24M bombers deliver bombing strikes in Urals drills
Su-24M frontline bombers delivered a bombing strike against a notional enemy during tactical flight drills in the Kurgan Region in the Urals, the press office of Russia’s Central Military District reported on Wednesday.
“The crews of Su-24M planes employed the Gefest sighting and navigation system, which allows bombing from a free maneuver without entering the area of a notional enemy’s point defense, and delivered a bombing strike with 250kg air bombs against the targets simulating a fortified enemy command post by breaking through the walls and effecting internal explosions,” the press office said in a statement.
The exact coordinates of the notional enemy’s location were transmitted by the crew of a Su-24MR reconnaissance plane.
The drills ongoing in the Kurgan Region involve 10 Su-24M bombers and about 50 flight and ground personnel of the aviation regiment stationed in the region. The drills will end on September 27.
Military response to Iran an option after oil attack, says Saudi Arabia
A military response to Iran is an option once proof has been provided that it attacked Saudi Arabian oil facilities earlier this month, the country’s Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubier said on Wednesday.
“Once the investigation is concluded and we have the proof, there is a series of options will consider, that includes diplomatic, economic and military options,” Jubier said. He spoke at the United Against Nuclear Iran conference in New York that occurred on the sidelines of the opening session of the UN General Assembly.
“We are in close consultations with the US and other allies. This [the oil fields attack] can not go unanswered. There has to be consequences to Iran for what it did,” Jubier said as he likened the September 14 attack to a military strike against the world.
“You can not take out five or six percent of the world’s oil supply and get away with it,” Jubier said. “They [the Islamic Republic of Iran] have gotten away with murder for 40 years. It’s time to stop them now.”
Jubier made a case for Iran’s long involvement with terrorism, including with ISIS and al-Queda. “The Iranians harbored and sheltered al-Queda leaders for many many years” and is in “cohorts with ISIS,” Jubeir said. “Iran is the only country in the region that this not been attacked either by al-Queda or ISIS,” he said.
Jubeir dismissed a call by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani at the UN General Assembly for a regional security coalition, noting that Iran is the aggressor in the region.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Source: TASS, MEMO, Al Jazeera