Russian S-400s Hit Targets; Houthi Weapons are by Saudi Funding; European Countries Blame Iran
PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on September 24 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
S-400s in Eastern Military District hit targets of new type at proving ground in Buryatiya
S-400 air defense systems of a missile regiment in the Eastern Military District carried out test launches against high-speed maneuverable targets of a new type at the Telemba proving ground in Buryatia, the Eastern Military District’s press-service said on Monday.
“During the live firing phase the most complex situation was created at the proving ground to simulate an enemy air attack. New types of targets were added. S-400 crews carried out ten launches of guided air defense missiles to hit all targets, including high-speed and maneuverable ones flying at extremely low altitudes,” the news release runs.
The missile and artillery systems Pantsir providing protection for the S-400 performed well.
Involved in the exercise were the regiment’s personnel, command center, air defense missile S-400 and Pantsir battalions and supply units (150 officers and men all in all).
Zarif: ‘Houthi weapons come from Arab leader and Saudi funds’
Iranian Foreign Affairs Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif announced that the Houthi militia has weapons belonging to the late Yemeni president, Ali Abdullah Saleh, with Saudi funding, and that they have developed these weapons, enabling them to strike oil facilities in Saudi Arabia.
This came in an interview with the American TV network CBS, on Sunday, during which Zarif said: “The Houthis obtained weapons from the late Yemeni President, Ali Abdullah Saleh, which he had bought using Saudi funds during his long rule.”
“The Houthis possess advanced technology and technical know-how that allowed them to improve their weapons,” continued Zarif.
On the other hand, Zarif stressed that “Saudi Arabia did not provide any evidence of Iran’s involvement in the attack that targeted two Saudi Aramco oil refineries in its eastern regions,” expressing his non-trust in the integrity of the international investigation.
European powers back U.S. in blaming Iran for Saudi oil attack, urge broader talks
Britain, Germany and France backed the United States and blamed Iran on Monday for an attack on Saudi oil facilities, urging Tehran to agree to new talks with world powers on its nuclear and missile programs and regional security issues.
The Europeans issued a joint statement after British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Emmanuel Macron met at the United Nations on the sidelines of the annual gathering of world leaders.
But Iran ruled out the possibility of negotiating a new deal with powers, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif tweeted on Monday, saying European partners have failed to fulfil their commitments under a 2015 nuclear pact.
European leaders have struggled to defuse a brewing confrontation between Tehran and Washington since U.S. President Donald Trump quit a deal last year that assures Iran access to world trade in return for curbs on its nuclear programme.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribe and read our stories in News360App in AppStore or GooglePlay or in FeedlyApp in AppStore or GooglePlay
Source: TASS, MEMO, Reuters