China Denied a Request of U.S. Warship; Explosions in Gaza; UAE Drones Attacked Libyan City
PANAGYURISHTE, (BM) – Your briefly report on August 28 in last twelve hours from BulgarianMilitary.com:
Exclusive: China denies Qingdao port visit for U.S. warship amid tensions
China has denied a request for a U.S. Navy warship to visit the Chinese port city of Qingdao in recent days, a U.S. defence official told Reuters on Tuesday, at a time of tense ties between the world’s two largest economies.
This marks at least the second time China has denied a request by the United States this month, having earlier rejected a request for two U.S. Navy ships to visit Hong Kong, as the political crisis in the former British colony deepened.
The defence official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the destroyer was supposed to visit on Sunday but China denied the request prior to that.
U.S. military warships have occasionally made visits to China, most recently in 2017, the defence official said. The last time a U.S. Navy ship visited Qingdao was the destroyer Benfold in 2016.
Three Palestinians killed in explosions in Gaza
Ismail Haniyyeh, the head of the political bureau of Hamas, promised he would “reveal the source of the explosions” in Gaza late Tuesday night, The Jerusalem Post reported.
At least three Palestinians were reported to have been killed and several others wounded in two explosions in Gaza City late Tuesday night, local authorities said.
Haniyyeh continued to say, “Everything is under control and the explosions will not be able to undermine the stability of our people”.
The IDF denied involvement saying that they were unaware of any airstrikes.
Hours earlier on Tuesday four mortars were fired at southern Israel.
According to the IDF, one fell in open territory next to the border fence while the other three fell inside the Strip. There were no casualties or injuries.
UAE drones attacked Libyan city, says Commander
Drones from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) participated in an attack by East Libya-based forces on government troops in Gharyan city, south of Tripoli, a Libyan military commander said and Yeni Safak reported.
On Monday, forces loyal to military commander Khalifa Haftar launched an offensive on Gharyan in an attempt to wrest control of the city from forces loyal to UN-recognized Government of National Accord (GNA).
GNA forces repelled the attack and captured Col. Fawzi Buhrara, the former leader of Gharyan operations room of pro-Haftar forces.
In a video shared on Facebook by Libya February T.V., Buhrara said Emirati drones had participated in the attack.
There was no immediate comment by the UAE on the allegation.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter.
Source: Reuters, TJP, Yeni Safak