Increased U.S. Presence In Our Region Is Dangerous and It Threatens International Peace, Iran Said
TEHRAN (BGM) – Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Saturday that the U.S. decision to deploy more troops to the Middle East in response to the perceived threat from Iran was “extremely dangerous” for peace, learned BulgarianMilitary.com, quoting Reuters.
The U.S. military on Friday accused Iran’s Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) of being directly responsible for attacks on tankers off the United Arab Emirates earlier this month, describing it as part of a “campaign” by Tehran driving new U.S. deployments.
“The Americans have made such allegations to justify their hostile policies and to raise tensions in the Persian Gulf,” Zarif told state news agency IRNA.
“Increased U.S. presence in our region is extremely dangerous and it threatens international peace and security, and this should be addressed,” he said.
As we (BGM) early reported today, the U.S. Secretary of Defense has approved a request for additional forces in the region.
“We wanted to take time today to make sure you understand the decision the secretary has made this morning. In specific, in response to credible intelligence that we see that Iran continues to plan for attacks by itself and its proxies against the United States, its forces and our allies and partners in the region, the acting secretary of defense has approved a request from the CENTCOM combatant commander for additional forces and capabilities in the region”, said Katie Wheelbarger, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter.